Video tour: using FlashStart Cloud filter
FlashStart is the innovative content and malware filter for Ubiquiti Networks devices. It requires no additional hardware or software and does not perceivably impact Router performance. It operates as a cloud and by inspecting all DNS resolutions and filters the internet access based upon the end-user-defined security policy. FlashStart is a high quality, fast and easy-to-use solution which is designed to be sold by the Ubiquiti Networks resellers community worldwide.
Remove 25,000 variants of ransomware, botnets, viruses and malware; and monitor or filter 50 content categories with time-of-day variations.
Six months of historical data is held but privacy issues are avoided because data is aggregated.
FlashStart is integrated with any MikroTik device using 100% standard scripts and takes just a few minutes to set-up.
By white-labelling the FlashStart service in your brand name and integrating any pre-existing Dashboard with SOAP interfaces then internet filtering becomes part of your core offer.
Are you a Reseller or a Isp/Wisp?
FlashStart Cloud can really help you to build a Business reveanue with your customers, increasing loyalty.
With Partner’s multi-tenant dashboard, whitelabel platform option and APIs we can help you. Check here the application form.
HOWTO: Installation on Ubiquiti Networks devices
You can activate FlashStart Cloud filtering on any model of Ubiquiti Networks devices following these steps:
1) Register for free at FlashStart Cloud by visiting this link;
2)Connect to the dashboard by entering the IP address in your browser.
Then type login credentials.
3) Click on `Network` menu and open the submenu `WAN Network Settings` .
Type Content Filter DNS in fields `Primary DNS IP` and `Secondary DNS IP`.
DNS Servers are distributed by geographic area so FlashStart dashboard will show you, in the bottom of the page, best performance DNS for your area.
4) You need also to enable and configure the DHCP Server. To do that open the submenu `LAN Network Settings`, in the same page, and enable DHCP Server.
Type IP range inserting respectively first IP of range in field `Range Start` and last IP in field `Range End`.
In the field below type the subnet mask of your netwrok.
Next choose DHCP lease (in minutes).
Now type Content Filter DNS, which will be automatically configured in clients, in fields `Primary DNS IP` and `Secondary DNS IP`.
Finally click on `Change` to apply the configuration.
5) Now you need to authenticate your device with Content Filter system.
To do this, open menu `Services` and configure Dynamic DNS service in this way:
– Check the voice `Dynamic DNS`.
– Choose `Dyndns.org` service (IMPORTANT: you do not have to register to dyndns.org service, it works anyway because Content Filter redirect to itself).
– In the field `Hostname` type the word `filter`.
– In the other two fields type Content Filter respectively email and password.
– Click on `Change` button to apply the changes.
OPTION: Enforce security avoiding user DNS changes. To do this you can proceed in this way:
– Click on `Network` menu and open the voice `Firewall`.
– Now you need to create rules to block all traffic on port 53 (DNS Service), TCP and UDP, except Content Filter DNS Servers.
See the image below to understand how to create these rules.
Now you can surf the web with traffic filter enabled!
To choose your blacklists, manage your reports, customize geo-filtering and all of the other functions, log into your account here: https://cloud.flashstart.com/.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
we needed SOAP integration to create managed service solutions and a responsive partner.“