Video tour: configuring Filter on MikroTik
FlashStart is the innovative content and malware filter for MikroTik RouterOS devices. It requires no additional hardware or software and does not perceivably impact Router performance. It operates as a cloud and by inspecting all DNS resolutions and filters the internet access based upon the end-user-defined security policy. FlashStart is a high quality, fast and easy-to-use solution which is designed to be sold by the MikroTik resellers community worldwide.
Remove 25,000 variants of ransomware, botnets, viruses and malware; and monitor or filter 50 content categories with time-of-day variations.
Six months of historical data is held but privacy issues are avoided because data is aggregated.
FlashStart is integrated with any MikroTik device using 100% standard scripts and takes just a few minutes to set-up.
By white-labelling the FlashStart service in your brand name and integrating any pre-existing Dashboard with SOAP interfaces then internet filtering becomes part of your core offer.
Are you a Reseller or a Isp/Wisp?
FlashStart Cloud can really help you to build a Business reveanue with your customers, increasing loyalty.
With Partner’s multi-tenant dashboard, whitelabel platform option and APIs we can help you. Check here the application form.
HOWTO: Installation on MikroTik RouterOS
You can activate FlashStart Cloud filtering on any model of Miktroik RouterOS in three easy steps:
- Register for free at FlashStart Cloud by visiting this link;
- Log into your routerboard (through SSH, Web or WinBox), and create a Script in this way:
1) Go to System and click on Scripts
2) In the window that opens click on symbol “+”, under the voice Scripts
3) Insert a name for the script, for example FlashStartScript
4) Leave the default policy
5) On the field Source copy and paste the following instruction::tool fetch url=”http://ddns.flashstart.com/nic/update?hostname=&myip=&wildcard=NOCHG&username=USER&password=PASSWORD”(Replace the credential as follow:
USER – registration’s email
PASS – registration password, received in email activation confirmation).Otherwise, you can download “flashstart_auth” script directly from RouterOSAfter that you have to set a scheluder. So that the script will run automatically.
Then proceed in this way:
1) Go to System and click on Scheduler
2) In the window that opens click on symbol “+”, under the voice Scheduler
3) Insert a name for the scheduler, for example FlashStartScheduler
4) Choose an interval to run the script, for example 5 minutes
5) On field On Event insert the same name of script you created before
- Set the DNS address you will have received after registration with DHCP or manually in your computers and devices.Now you can surf the web with traffic filter enabled!
To choose your blacklists, manage your reports, customize geo-filtering and all of the other functions, log into your account here: https://cloud.flashstart.com/.
For immediate technical support please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
we needed SOAP integration to create managed service solutions and a responsive partner.“